The Andrea Marie Murphy Scholarship is an educational award for the benefit of students, who are junior members of the Cape Cod Curling Club (CCCC), to aid in the pursuit of a college education.
Seed money for the Scholarship Fund was raised from raffles during the 2011 Ladies Summer Spiel held at CCCC. Any future raffle or other fund raising event held by the CCCC may, with the approval of the CCCC Board of Directors, also designate that monies raised be earmarked for the Scholarship Fund in order to continue the program for junior members going forward.
An individual (or business, trust) may make a direct donation to the Scholarship Fund. Donations are tax deductible. Checks should be payable to the Cape Cod Curling Club Scholarship Fund, and delivered to the Treasurer.
Criteria for Consideration:
Consideration for scholarship awards shall be based on criteria established by the Scholarship Committee, as follows:
- Applicant must be an active junior “curler.”
- Applicant must have full year youth membership with the Cape Cod Curling Club. For example: a Fall 2011/Winter 2012 junior membership is eligible to apply for 2012 award.
- Applicant must be accepted to attend a four-year college.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full time student, taking 12 or more undergraduate credits per semester.
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant must have good moral character.
- Only one award per recipient each year.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a scholarship.
- Previous recipients of awards will be considered only if new applicants do not qualify.
To be considered complete, the application shall include the following information:
- A completed application form and questionnaire, signed by the applicant.
- An official transcript of the students grades from high school and college, if currently attending.
- Copy of the letter of acceptance and/or proof of enrollment from the college the applicant will be attending.
The application must be delivered to the Chairperson of the Scholarship Committee no later than May 15th.