41st Senior Womens
Nov 29-Dec 3, 2023
We were pleased to have 24 teams join us for the United States Women's Curling Association Senior Women’s National Bonspiel
The event dates were November 29 to December 3, 2023. The final results were as follows:
First event winner: Racine
First event runner up: Cleveland Skating Club
Second event winner: Detroit
Second event runner-up: Belfast
Third event winner: Coyotes
Third event runner up: Bucks County
Fourth event winner: Columbus
Fourth event runner up: Arden Hills
Congratulations to all the winners and thank you for joining us at Cape Cod. Have fun next year in Columbus.
Inn on the Square, 40 North Main Street, Falmouth, MA. Rooms will have two queen beds and the rate will be $99/night for November 29th and November 30th , and $139/night for December 1st and December 2nd. For this rate, ask for ‘CCCC-USWCA Senior Women’s National Bonspiel’.
The club is a walkable distance from the hotel. In addition to the curling, the kit party will also be held at the club so you can walk easily from the hotel to the kit party.
You can fly into either Providence, RI or Boston, MA. Providence is slightly closer, but offers fewer flights than Boston. Either way you will probably want to rent a car, though from Boston you can use the bus (Peter Pan bus or Plymouth and Brockton bus) for travel to a stop near the Inn on the Square.
The driving events will be as follows:
* Thursday dinner will be a casual dinner at the Cape Cod Curling Club.
* Friday night banquet will be at the Flying Bridge, which is 1.5 miles from Inn on the Square
* Meals not at the club you could do on Main Street in Falmouth (about ~0.5 miles from the Inn on the Square)
There is a bus from the Falmouth bus station to Woods Hole. The bus information is available here. It is not super frequent in November (schedule is here), but it will get you to Woods Hole if you plan for the times.
There are also Uber/Lyft drivers in the area, and they can bring you to/from places.
While you are not on the ice, there are many activities in Falmouth. Feel free to ask any of the members for more ideas as we love to share the area with visitors. Here is a sampling of some of the activities.
- Falmouth Holidays by the Sea will start on Friday. The weekend events include a visit to a lighthouse, caroling, Santa arriving by boat, lighting of the Village Green, and Sunday's holiday parade. The full schedule of events is available here
- Go for a walk in Beebe Woods – just up the hill from the Curling Club is almost 400 acres with walking trails scattered around the property. A map is available here
- Take a walk on Main Street in Falmouth and visit the shops
- Go down to Woods Hole and visit the Woods Hole Science Aquarium (Hours: 11 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday; Address: 166 Water Street, Woods Hole, MA)
- Wander along the Shining Sea Bikeway (The path is almost 11 miles long and runs from Woods Hole up to North Falmouth, with multiple access points).