The Cape Cod Curling Club, Inc., offers a variety of membership categories to provide our members with a flexible and affordable dues schedule consistent with the operating needs of the club. Our membership categories are detailed below. For new curlers, i.e., those who are trying curling for the first time, we offer an Entry Level Membership designed to teach you the game and let you get to know our Club and its members. For those who have curled before, we offer a full season's curling at very reasonable price. Grand National Curling Club (GNCC), United States Curling Association (USCA), and United States Women's Curling Association (USWCA) membership is included with all membership types marked with and asterik (*).
Full Member* - For ages 22 and over. Have full voting rights and privileges to access the property, and may hold any office unless otherwise stipulated. Eligible for play in any GNCC, USWCA, or USCA sponsored events.
- Resident - $520 (For Cape Cod residents who reside west of the line seperating the towns of Barnstable and Yarmouth)
- Non-Resident- $440 (For members that reside on Cape Cod east of the line seperating the towns of Barnstable and Yarmouth, on the main land side of the Cape Cod Canal, or on Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket)
- Under Age 30 - $370 (Must be under 30 at start of fall curling season)
- Full-time Student - $200 (Age 22 & older who are enrolled in full time academic program)
Half Year Membership - $320 Conditions same as Full Resident but member plans to curl in either the first or second sessions only. NOT eligible for play in GNCC, USWCA, or USCA sponsored events.
Associate* - $150 This membership is for those living over 50 miles from the Club. May curl up to 10 games per year and represent Club in bonspiels, but may not play in either Club leagues or play downs. Do not have voting rights and may not hold office.
Social* - $80 Open to all ages 22 and over. Social members have full voting rights and privileges to access the property and may hold any office unless otherwise stipulated. They are permitted to curl in Friendlies and once per month in PICK-UP Curling; excludes Bonspiels and Special Event curling.
Introductory Adult - This membership is for adult individuals new to curling. It entitles the individual to participate in the Introduction to Curling program for one half of a season (fall or winter). Do not have voting rights and may not hold office, but can attend all Club social functions. The Membership Fee is included in the $100 Introduction to Curling Fee.
Intermediate Adult* - This membership is for adult individuals who have completed the Introduction to Curling classes and training. It entitles an individual to curl for one further half of a season (fall or winter). Those persons wishing to continue to curl may do so by enrolling and paying the applicable Membership Fee corresponding to their chosen Adult Membership category. Do not have voting rights and may not hold office, but do have Club access privileges and can participate in all Club curling and social functions. $200 or 50% of the chosen adult category annual dues, whichever is the lesser, is the Fee for this Second Session of Membership.
Youth* - $100 These programs are offered to those 21 and younger. They do not have voting rights or privileges to access the property and may not hold office. They may curl in Club sponsored youth programs. Participants are assigned to Junior or Little Rocker programs based on age, skill and social development. Youth dues are capped at maximum rate per immediate family of an amount equal to not more than the cost for two children based on the current annual youth dues regardless of the number of children enrolled from that particular family of siblings.
Juniors curling in the Adult Leagues* - $150 Junior level curlers may curl in adult leagues and related curling activities provided:
- The Curling Committee considers them to be experienced and sufficiently mature to curl with adults.
- The Curler, Parent or Guardian (if the curler is under 18), must sign a “Minors Release of Liability Form” (see Appendix Exhibit 2) which will be kept on file at the Club. Those over 18 must sign the standard Release of Liability Form (see Appendix Exhibit 1).
- Conduct of Minors while on the premises as well as transportation to and from the Curling Club is the responsibility of the Parents/Guardians of same.
- In appropriate circumstances, Junior Members, who pay the Juniors Curling in the Adult Leagues membership fee and comply with all of the provisions herein, may participate in club leagues and curling activities, provided that there are openings and specific activities meet with approval from the Event Chairperson.
- Junior Members who are under 18 must also have an adult sponsor, who is a member and will be present at any games for the leagues and activities in which they are participating. Such sponsor may be any adult member on the playing team or otherwise on the premises who will be responsible for said Youth while participating in any curling activity and will notify the club personnel in charge of any/all events of this jurisdiction.
- Youth who do not pay said membership fee may play in events coordinated between the youth director and the curling committee.
- Curling activities are defined as any and all curling games and events whether in-house or invitational in nature, inclusive of all previously stated conditions for eligibility that are provided for in this category, and all other specific applicable entry requirements that are to be met for each event.